Save money by creating your own gym for under $100!
A lot of people are moving away from traditional gym memberships and embracing our great outdoors or working out at home.
- Gym Ball $10 at Kmart – also called stability ball or fit ball. They come in 3 sizes. 55cm for 150-160cm tall. 65cm for 160-180cm and 75cm for 180-195cm tall
- Dumbbells fr $6 each at Kmart. For women starting out, I suggest having a set of 2, 3, 4 & 5 kgs
- Yoga or exercise mat $10 at Kmart – the foam one at Kmart is really thick and durable
- Resistance Bands fr $14.50 at Workout World – Buy a good quality otherwise they will snap. Workout world has some great ones
- Skipping Rope $10
Nice to have:
- Hook and jab pads fr $30 at Rebel Sport. Don’t buy mitts (mitts are for MMA). Buy proper boxing gloves to protect your hands (especially knuckles and wrists)
- Boxing Heavy Bag $39 at Kmart. They vary in price but you can get good ones second hand
- Kettlebells fr $10 each at Kmart
- Check out Gumtree, eBay, Trading Post for some wholesale and second hand gear
- There are a lot of parks with outdoor gyms. Check your local council website for the names. Around Sydney CBD, we have Wentworth Park, Prince Alfred Park and Observatory Hill.
Do you have a favourite piece of equipment? Share them with me on Facebook or Instagram.